Service commercial

History

1927

Eugène Sauvade formed the business in Ribeyre, in an former paper village which was totally in ruins and deserted and where he restored the old paper mill and set up wooden braiding machines in it.
Thanks to the mill, he also had the benefit of the energy provided by the water to power the machines and to generate current to light the workshops.
He had 2,000 spindles and produced mainly flat braid, shoe laces, S-twill, brace ties, etc. that he produced as a sub-contractor.

1955

At the age of 63, Eugène Sauvade went into the production of new products such as rayon-based insulating sleeving and worked as a sub-contractor for a single client.

1959

Eugène Sauvade retired and passed his business on to his son-in-law Marcel Favier.
Marcel Favier extended the existing buildings and bought machines.
For the requirements of the market, he went into weaving glass yarn, still as a sub-contractor.

1973

Tresses et Plastiques du Livradois (TPL) was formed.
The family business was split in two: the braiding part remained in Ribeyre while the other part, which was to become the product varnishing and finishing factory, was moved to Bertignat in a former convent school (see photo) where Marcel Favier went to school.

1974

The company’s main client was experiencing major difficulties; the company then decided to manufacture finished products. Marcel Favier was joined by Michel, the elder of his two sons. The business went into the production of insulating sleeving and diversified its clientele.

1975

Jean-Claude, his second son, joined the company. He took control of the Ribeyre site and Michel the Bertignat site.

1984

The work was bearing fruit with turnover which increased regularly from one year to the next.
Marcel Favier retired and was replaced by his son Michel, whereas Jean-Claude took over responsibility for production and quality. Nicole Favier, Michel’s wife, looked after the accounts.

1985

The company purchased its first high-speed machines.

1990

The company, which was exporting mainly to Italy, expanded into other countries after taking on a Sales Manager.

1994

Acquisition of ISO 9002 certification after a three-year period of bringing up to standard.

2000

The company directed part of its operations to composite braiding, both by purchasing a machine specially designed for this type of production and by signing a partnership with a manufacturer of carbon thread.

2001

Following the recruitment, three years earlier, of a Quality Anticipation and Strategic Monitoring manager, the company received ISO 9001: 2000 certification.